Dear Hope Chapel Honolulu,
Thank you for your prayerful, generous and faithful examples as we continue to walk through a season of constant change and cancellation, seeming misinformation…and well, let’s just say further reason to pray and put our hope in Christ! Would you please read these words together and pray to keep our trust in the Lord as individuals, families, MiniChurches and as Hope Chapel Honolulu?
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:4-7, ESV)
PRAY! VOTE! PRAY! As I write this letter, there are just eleven more days before the election results start coming in! Our family finished voting and mailing out our ballots. How about you and your house? While we seem very far removed from much of the Mainland politics, and our State only has four electoral votes, I continue to believe that praying and voting and praying some more for our nation is vital for our shared future. Since we can only expect consistent godly character and example in Christ, the importance of our prayer and intercession for the hearts and minds of American voters and candidates is increasingly clear to me. Not that I can or will put my hope in any man or woman running for office, but that we can and should pray and vote to make a difference for God’s kingdom and its righteousness!
LIVE SUNDAY CELEBRATIONS COMING SOON! In just about a week, our volunteer staff will be doing a final run-through in preparation for the reopening of our Live Celebration gatherings at 1712 S. King Street. Also, because of that development, we’re going to move our online Zoom Celebrations to a new time—Sunday afternoons, 4-5 PM beginning November 1, 2020. And, as I have been saying, in just two weeks now—on Sunday, November 8, 2020—we are planning to reopen our doors for “reservations-recommended and COVID-compliant” Live Celebrations from 10-11 AM in addition to hosting our weekly online Zoom Celebrations from 4-5 PM on Sunday afternoons. I hope that you will be able to join us at one or the other!
- Please continue to pray for those who are unable to pay their bills, worry about their own or their children’s health, education and future, as well as small business owners who feel they have failed their employees, too, in these confusing times.
- Please continue to pray for our Church Council, Oversight Team, MiniChurch Pastors, volunteers and those who gather together, as we prayerfully seek God’s priorities, wisdom, resource, and ask the Lord of the Harvest for help for the road ahead.
- Pray with me for those who have not yet found authentic spiritual community, that God would lead people to join our online Zoom Celebrations or Live Celebrations at 1712 S. King Street, and that God would raise up more people who would become disciple-makers, too!
- Please continue to watch, pray and prepare for our Grand Reopening planned for Sunday, November 8, 2020, trusting that that God would provide for all that is needed and reveal His mercy and grace to the people of Honolulu and Hawai’i through Hope Chapel Honolulu, too.
- Please continue to share prayer requests and praise reports to firstname.lastname@example.org and think about joining our Prayer Team so that you can help support others in prayer and rejoice with them at God’s miraculous answers!
May the grace, peace, joy and hope of God fill your hearts and homes, I pray in Jesus’ Name!