Dear Hope Chapel Honolulu,
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
While you may have had to settle for a bento potluck like we did, cooking in several homes and making deliveries before sitting down to a Thanksgiving dinner, was a first for us too.
I continue to be hopeful that we can celebrate Christmas and New Year’s in a more traditional way!
Although COVID-19 restrictions have made our annual in-person Christmas Shoe Box drive impossible, I would like to encourage you to participate in a Christmas Missions Fundraiser. We’ll be offering some items for sale. “Best Offers” accepted. We will also be receiving donations to the Christmas Missions Fund through our MyChurch App for the Vernon Family, whom many of you may remember shared with our congregation last year.
LIVE AND ZOOM CELEBRATIONS EVERY SUNDAY!
Barring any more unforeseen shutdowns or challenges, we will continue to host weekly Live Celebration gatherings at 1712 S. King Street from 10:00—11:00 a.m. and Online Celebrations on the Zoom platform from 4:00-5:00 p.m. through Sunday, December 20, 2020.
CELEBRATION SABBATH ON SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2020!
Since 2018, we have been celebrating the last Sunday of the year as a Sabbath day, encouraging all of our volunteers and staff to enjoy a full day of rest with their families and friends. As such, we will NOT be hosting any Live or Zoom Celebrations on Sunday, December 27, 2020.
1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1Timothy 2:1-4, ESV)
Please pray along with me as we commit to keeping our trust in the Lord as individuals, families, MiniChurches, and as Hope Chapel Honolulu, that we might lead peaceful and quiet lives, godly and dignified in every way!
- Please pray for our national, state and city leaders, leaders and workers in business, government and education, that they would find the wisdom, faith, courage and resources to tackle the widely impacting problems of our society.
- Please continue to pray for our Church Council, Oversight Team, MiniChurch Pastors and volunteers who make our Live and Zoom Celebrations possible, and for me, too, as we prayerfully seek God’s priorities, wisdom and resources.
- Please continue to watch and pray that God would provide for and protect us as we attempt to gather with those who were unable or unwilling to join us in our online Zoom Celebration gatherings.
- Please pray for the successful execution of our annual membership meeting which has been simplified to an annual report and membership approval of two Church Council nominees through the mail due to the pandemic.
- Please continue to pray for those who are unable to pay their bills, are anxious about their own or their children’s health, education and future, and for small business owners who feel like they are drowning in debt and or feel they have failed their employees, too, in these difficult times.
- Please continue to share both prayer requests and praise reports through email@example.com and, if you haven’t already, consider joining our email Intercessory Prayer Team so that you can help support others in prayer and rejoice with them at God’s miraculous answers!
May the power, love and faithfulness of God assure and fill your hearts and homes in Jesus’ Name!