Dear Hope Chapel Honolulu,
I pray that you are all well, that you’ve discovered that Jesus’ promise—to be with us always and until the end of time—is not conditioned upon our being inside the walls of a church building!
We continue to pray for all of you, our communities, our leaders in government, business and education, and particularly those who are anxious about their loss of jobs and worried for the future of their children as well as their own. We continue to believe that God’s will for us is good, pleasing and perfect, and that He still has plans to give us a hope and a future!
Here are our latest updates and prayer requests:
- Physical repairs and COVID-19 improvements to our building are about 70% complete, and we have just completed a 150 page reopening and retraining document that will help us to equip, empower and encourage one another safely once we reopen our doors.
- We have made significant headway in updating our online platforms and if you’ve shared your contact info with us, you’ll also see a new My Church phone app—compatible with both Android and iPhone—on July 1, 2020. One of our action steps in developing our ability to disciple digitally as well as in person is to provide a tool for virtual connection in as many of your hands as possible.
- Through this My Church app we will soon rollout a new feature that allows guests to make reservations for in-person service attendance for when we can reopen our physical doors.
- We plan to begin retraining our volunteers in the next two weeks through a series of online and in-person training in preparation for an “end of summer” Grand Re-Opening.
- We are closely watching the re-opening of restaurants, theaters, churches, and museums and the impact these have on the number of COVID-19 cases and hotspots both locally and nationally.
- Your assistance and prayerful support—especially for wisdom, discernment and resources—are greatly appreciated as we learn and prepare for a whole new way of doing church.
- Please continue to share your prayer requests and praise reports through firstname.lastname@example.org so our Prayer Team might support you in prayer and rejoice with you at God’s miraculous answers to prayer.
- We will continue to pray and provide weekly updates and at least 72 hours advance notice with regard to when Hope Chapel Honolulu will host Celebration Sunday services at our 1712 S. King Street location.
May the LORD bless you, keep you, cause His face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you and yours, to daily fill you with joy, hope and peace, I pray in Jesus’ Name!
P.S. Our next Zoom Celebration for the whole church will be July 26, 2020 as we seek to complement and not compete with our MiniChurches. If you didn’t receive an email invitation for our last Zoom Connection, please be sure to check your spam folder or share your contact information with us at email@example.com.